Independent Study Project (ISP) Possibilities
Hi everyone. I hope you are getting excited about our upcoming journey together! In the next few weeks I encourage you to explore what particularly interests you about Morocco. What would you like to study or explore further while in Morocco?
Here is a list of possible independent study project (ISP) topics. There are endless possibilities for ISPs, so use this list as a starting point for what subject matter you would like to dive into once we hit Moroccan soil. It's always helpful to give your ISP some thought before we arrive. There will also be some exciting opportunities to document your ISP through digital storytelling/mixed-media, so keep that in mind when exploring your options.
* Moroccan/Islamic Architecture
* Zillij Artistry and Artisans
* Moroccan Music
* Moroccan Cuisine
* Moroccan Literature
* The medinas of Fes and Marrakesh: how to balance cultural
preservation and progress
* Manifestations of Islam in everyday Moroccan life
* Berber Identity: what is it and how it's being preserved
* Contemporary Art in Morocco
* The role and state of women in Moroccan society
* Darija (Moroccan Arabic dialect)
Again, this list is just to get you thinking. I am excited to learn more about your interests and help you all find ISPs that will inevitably enrich your experiences in Morocco.
Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns in the upcoming weeks.